Dear Friends & Colleagues,
I’m honored and grateful to be among the eight nominees for the 2015 DRMA Member of the Year Award.
For those of you who don’t know me, I’d like to introduce myself. I am the founder and head of Higher Power Marketing, a Phoenix-based Direct Response (DR) ad agency.
I’ve filled a number of roles on behalf of DR in general, and the DRMA in particular:
I’m an evangelist for ‘commerce with a conscience,’ – including cross-media accountability, development of strategic business partnerships and industry innovation through the vetting of technology before application – and a consistent advocate for business ethics. Higher Power Marketing has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and has been nominated for the BBB’s Torch Award for Ethics four times in the past five years. Further, I have been:
- • Semi-regular guest columnist for Response Magazine.
- • Regular contributor of case studies to the DRMA/Response website.
- • Blogger from, and annual sponsor of Response Expo.
- • Active member of DRMA
- • Social-media thought-leader, commenting regularly about industry issues on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
- • Originator of “The HPM Bridge,” a formula that closes the gap between clients’ and media partners’ payment preferences, ensuring that everybody is paid when they want.
- • Provider of free online educational videos introducing DR to potential advertisers.
- • Named as Best in Business for Marketing Consulting (2009, 2013 and 2014) by the Small Business Commerce Association.
- • Named to the INC 500/5000 List (2011).
- • A fundraiser for the Muscular Dystrophy Association and annual contributor to the American Cancer Society, the ALS Foundation, Feed the Children and the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA).